A Motley Pack Playing Cards Heritage Edition Gold Gilded
These cards are based on a rare & almost forgotten work of art & high creativity titled "On the Cards; Or, A Motley Pack" by the Australian writer, dramatist, journalist and publisher Garnet Walch that was published in Melbourne in 1875.
Published as a Pantomime in the form of a Christmas Annual, the book consists of 40 transformed playing cards illustrated by Australian poet George Gordon McCrae. Some of his sketches may have been inspired by his travels to Mauritius and the Seychelles, as well as by Aboriginal people.
- 56 unique cards with 100% custom and hand-drawn artwork
- The cards have no standard index, especially the spot cards (2 to 10) that are without the number similar to the illustrations in the Original book
- 52 Cards + 2 Jokers + 2 extra cards
- Elegant tuckbox with embossing & Matte soft touch stock
- Inner tuck printing
Gold gilded edges with antique look (similar to Kalevala deck)
- Premium embossed black core European card stock with linen magic finish
|Condition||Brand New & Sealed|
|Brand||Guru Playing Card Company|
|Card Material||Premium Paper Stock|
|Card Finish||Linen Magic Finish|
|Card Size||Standard, Poker Size|
|Product Status||In-Stock (Australia)|