A Motley Pack Playing Cards Royal Edition art by Garnet Walch 1875
These cards are based on a rare & almost forgotten work of art & high creativity titled "On the Cards; Or, A Motley Pack" by the Australian writer, dramatist, journalist and publisher Garnet Walch that was published in Melbourne in 1875.
Published as a Pantomime in the form of a Christmas Annual, the book consists of 40 transformed playing cards illustrated by Australian poet George Gordon McCrae. Some of his sketches may have been inspired by his travels to Mauritius and the Seychelles, as well as by Aboriginal people.
- A full transformation deck
- 56 unique cards with 100% custom and hand-drawn artwork
- Premium Stock (Bee Casino Grade stock which is the highest quality card stock available from the United States Playing Card Company
- Embossed linen air cushion finish with performance coating
- 52 Cards + 2 Jokers + 2 extra cards
- Custom tuck case with hand-drawn artwork
|Condition||Brand New & Sealed|
|Brand||Guru Playing Card Company|
|Card Material||Premium Paper Stock|
|Manufacturer||United States Playing Card Company, USA|
|Card Finish||Bee Casino Grade|
|Card Size||Standard, Poker Size|
|Product Status||In-Stock (Australia)|